This has been an exciting time for the Hot Springs School District. We are underway with the planning process of our new facilities that will benefit the kids and community for many years to come. We have most recently sold our bonds at a better rate than we anticipated (3.47%). We will close on those in mid November. We will then have construction money to begin the work.
"What will be built first and when will the actual construction begin?"
As we said during the millage campaign, the major projects are the New Junior High Complex and the New Langston Elementary School. Those buildings are the main facilities in this process and require the most planning and coordination. After final plans are completed, there are a number of legal requirements on advertising for bids that must be met before project construction packages bids will be opened in a public bid opening. We are working diligently with our Construction Management Team, Architect, and Civil Engineers. Current plans are as follows:
“When Will these projects completed?”
- Currently Underway
- Design Phase of New Junior High Complex and Langston Elementary School.
- Design of Band Cover for Football Stands
- High School Bathroom Renovation
- Pricing New ADA Doors at Current Oaklawn
- Designing New Roofing System for Current Middle School
- On Hold until Bids for Junior High and Langston are ready
- High School Library Renovation
- High School Visitor’s Parking Lot
- Redesign of High School Parking
- Current Oaklawn Driveway Redesign
- Current Middle School New Entry Way
- Current Middle School Auditorium Renovation
- New Playground at Relocated Visual and Performing Arts School (Current Middle School)
- Current Middle School Restroom Additions and Renovations
- Renovation of High School Band room
We are working very hard to make sure that all construction is completed by the Fall of 2019. Some projects may be completed earlier. Weather and other issues are some things that might slow down that process. We are confident in our team’s ability to work in a quick and efficient manner while providing a superior product for the kids and community.
Current (Not Final) outlines of projects
The drawings below are only preliminary. We are trying to ensure that we have the correct number of spaces that we will need for students and staff. We will go through several iterations of these drawings as we move through the design phase. While it is important to be timely, we must also be thorough to avoid “buyer’s remorse”. We must also ensure that we are being conservative with public funds. If you have any questions please contact Jim Gentry
or Mike Hernandez.
Junior High Complex
Langston Elementary School