Hot Springs School District
The School District of Choice
Purpose of the Magnet Program: Magnet programs offer educational choice in Hot Springs Schools. They offer unique opportunities for in-depth experiences and study in specific areas of interest. Each magnet program emphasizes a specialized theme.
Choosing an Elementary Magnet: Admission is by application only. Students may attend any of the four schools if there is room for the student at the school. Students will receive assignment preference based upon when the application is filed in relation to the opening date for taking application. It is recommended that students who choose Park International Baccalaureate School be on grade level.
Transportation: Bus Transportation will be provided within the district boundaries for all students, provided the student lives outside the minimum distance from a school for transportation eligibility.
Application: For more information on our enrollment window, click here. If we are not in an enrollment window and you would like more information you may call the Hot Springs District Office at: (501) 624-3372.
All Hot Springs School District Magnet Schools Will:
- Have special activities during the school day, after school, and during the summer months related to the school theme.
- Integrate the magnet theme into high quality, developmentally, appropriate programs for all children. A strong emphasis will be placed on mastery and application of the core subjects of math, science, social studies, and language arts. Mastery of the core curriculum standards will receive precedence over all other activities.
- Have in place a continuous electronic assessment of student's progress toward meeting the grade level academic standards, with regular reports of students strengths and deficiencies given to parents.
- Allocate additional time and resources for those students who are failing to meet the academic achievement standards. Students who enter a grade well below level will be assigned to foundations classrooms, where, through the application of intervention strategies, the students will achieve at the appropriate level.
- Integrate the use of technology into all areas of the curriculum. All classrooms will have a minimum of four computers. Each school will have sufficient computer lab space to allow each student to spend a minimum of thirty minutes per day in the lab.
- Have in place strong character education activities.
- Have separate behavior classrooms for those students with habitual or chronic disruptive behavior.
- Offer a low cost extended day child care program for those parents who need such a program.